DF64 Flat Burr Single Dosing Grinder Version 4
DF64 Flat Burr Single Dosing Grinder Version 4
- Limited stocks of Black - SS burrs available for same day delivery within Metro Manila
- Other colors & burr options are only available for standard shipping
- For orders with SSP burrs, please add 3-5 days to the estimated delivery time for installation and alignment of the burrs
Latest version (v4) of DF64
- Included metal dial indicator
- New 2 pieces declumper installed
The Centro DF64 coffee grinder is the ideal "prosumer" coffee grinder for single dosing on the market. It comes with Italian made ItalMill 64mm flat burrs that deliver a fluffy grind with minimal clumping and consistent particle size distribution. Single dosing is the rage in the espresso aficionado world these days and there aren’t very many good options that don’t cost a ton.
Features and Specifications
- 64 mm Grinding Italian made ItalMill 64mm stainless steel flat burrs.
- 58mm Transparent Food Grade Dosing Cup. While a portafilter can be used in the portafilter rest, it is best to use the dosing cup, especially if your portafilter isn’t 58mm. Dosing cup made of food-safe materials is transparent design, the regrind can be seen at all times.
- Almost Zero Retention <0.2 gram. Blow-out funnel, with lid to completely empty the dead space.
- Stepless Adjustment. Large Dial Adjustment with an setting from the fine to coarse
- Auto Stop after 45 seconds
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 50 grams without bellow, 70 grams with bellow
- Aluminum body with metallic black finishing
- Weight 15lbs
- Motor 250W
- AC Input 220v/60hz
- Compact size 10” L, 5.2” W, 12” H fits under any kitchen cabinet.
What's in the box
- Centro 64 Single Dosing Coffee Grinder
- Transparent Dosing Cup
- Dial Indicator
CHOOSE YOUR BURRS
We offer a range of burrs for the DF64 grinder. They come standard with stainless steel burrs or titanium coated burrs which are installed at the factory, but they can be upgraded to SSP multipurpose (unimodal)and SSP High Uniformity (Espresso). Each burr set gives a little bit different flavor nuance. While the stainless steel and titanium burrs are good burrs, the SSP burrs are the industry standard for an outstanding burr. They are precision engineered and coated with a very long-lasting finish that helps them stay sharp for a long, long time. If you don’t have an accidently stone in your coffee that can chip the burrs, the SSP burrs can last sharp for thousands of pounds of coffee. SSP multipurpose give a lot of clarity and work well for light and medium roast. SSP High Uniformity work best for more body and tend to work best for espresso and darker roasted coffee as well as for milk-based espresso drinks.
SSP Espresso — These espresso-focused burrs focus on grind precision and uniformity and are ideal for medium and dark roasted coffees.
SSP Multi-purpose — These burrs have added flat surfaces which produce more fines at espresso settings. They are intended to grind for all brew methods and excel at filter coffee and light roasts.
The DF64 is a stepless adjustment grinder with an infinite number of settings between the highest and lowest settings on the grinder. This allows the user to fine tune the grind size to precisely the best grind size for each given coffee. The adjustment dial has labels for different types of coffees to make it easier to find the correct grind size, but those are for reference only and the grind size for every coffee bean can be fine-tuned to both the individual bean attributes as well as the brew method.
IMPORTANT USAGE WARNING
Since the DF64 is a flat burr grinder it is important to adjust the grind size WHILE the burrs are spinning and the grinder is on. Failing to do this can create clogging and jamming issues. It is also important to always pump the bellows firmly at the end of each grind session WHILE the grinder is still on. This will keep the grind chamber nice and clean and prevent build up of coffee oils in the grind chamber. If you pump the bellows after the burrs have stopped spinning, the sweepers inside of the chamber will block some coffee from exiting.
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
- 64mm stainless steel flat burrs.
- Grinder comes with a 58mm food grade dosing cup. While a portafilter can be used in the portafilter rest, it is best to use the dosing cup, especially if your portafilter isn’t 58mm. The dosing cup can also be upgraded to a stainless-steel metal dosing cup. If you choose this as an add on you also get the original plastic dosing cup.
- Metal dosing collars (optional) keeps things neat and tidy.
- Tilted cup holder (optional) are an alternative to dosing collars and push the cups closer to the grind exit chute to prevent grounds from flying out when the bellows are pumped.
- Stepless adjustment with an infinite number of settings between the highest and lowest amount
- Collar adjustment
- 250-watt motor / 220V
- Grinder Weight 15lbs, Shipping weight; 17lbs
- Very compact size that allows this grinder to fit under any kitchen cabinet. Overall footprint is very small compared to other 64mm grinders.
- 10” L, 5.2” W, 12” H
- Blow hopper capacity: 50 grams
The DF64 has a 64mm flat Italmill hardened steel burrs as standard, the retention figures we obtained are very low with total complete exchange at around 1 gram. This grinder comes with a transparent cup which fits exactly into a 58mm portafilter handle avoiding any spillage, and will also hold a portafilter handle hands free.
EASY TO USE: Large adjustment dial, it makes it easy to go from the fine to coarse settings. Top burr can be removed without tools for exchange clean, although with such a low retention, this is not necessary. The bellows make sure any remaining coffee grounds are extracted from the grinder. Although principally a single dose grinder, it can accommodate approximately a total capacity of 80 grams with 30 grams in the chamber and 50 grams in the bellows.